Data Protection Policy
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which O'Joy Limited (“we, “us” or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our prospective service users, service users, service users' authorised representative, donors, volunteers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
Collection, use, disclosure or otherwise processing of personal data of our service users on behalf of government ministries or statutory boards will be in accordance with guidelines set out in the government’s data management policy. O'Joy Limited will comply with the relevant requirements under the government’s data management policy.
1. As used in this Notice:
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual (whether a prospective service user, service users, service users' authorised representative, donors, volunteers or otherwise) who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, identification numbers such as NRIC, FIN, work permit and birth certificate, contact information such as residential address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, medical history and photographs and other audio-visual information.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. The purpose for which we collect and use your personal data includes, but is not limited to: establishing or managing your relationship with us; providing you with information on our upcoming events or activities where you have agreed to receive such information; verifying your identity; responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints and feedback from you; complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority; and other transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes.
6. We may disclose your personal data:
where such disclosure is required for, or in connection with, the provision of the services requested by you;
to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the purposes listed in clause 5 above for us;
to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, rules, or requests by public agencies, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations; and
any other party to whom you authorised us to disclose your personal data to, or where necessary to undertake any action requested by you.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
7. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you or your authorised representative in writing. You or your authorised representative may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request via email or otherwise in writing to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below. We will facilitate your request and advise you accordingly how the withdrawal of consent may affect our provision of services to you.
8. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
9. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request via email or otherwise in writing, to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
10. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
11. We will take reasonable steps to safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or similar risks.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
12. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). To ensure that your personal data is current, complete, and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
13. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
14. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Contact No. : 67490190
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
15. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
16. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective Date : 21 Jan 2022
Last Updated : 21 Jan 2022